The mission of River City Church is to glorify God by being and making reproducing followers of Jesus Christ. As a church we want to introduce people to Christ, see them grow in their faith, and equip them for ministry and multiplication.
Our passion is for the gospel to impact every area of our individual lives and to impact our community with this good news.
It is our desire to value the things that Jesus valued.
1. We will honor all people who are made in the image of God.
2. The Bible is foundational for life because it’s true and sufficient. God is the center and worthy of all praise, honor, and glory.
3. The gospel is the good news that God saves us from the penalty of sin (death) through the birth, life, death, burial, and resurrection of Jesus Christ. Every person needs to hear this good news therefore we are a church that strives to share this with everyone.
4. Church isn’t about rules, rituals, or religion. It’s about a relationship with Jesus Christ. We gather weekly to worship God through music, remember him through baptism and the Lord’s Supper, and hear the preaching of God’s Word in order to grow in faith.
5. Growth in Christ doesn’t happen just on Sunday mornings. People grow in their relationship with Christ as they are in community with other believers. We value smaller gospel community groups as a place to live out the “one-anothers” of Scripture.
6. Every individual Christian has been given a spiritual gift to build up the body of Christ. As a church we want people to understand how they can serve inside the church in a ministry and outside the church on mission.
7. We want to strengthen and value families because it was God’s design for relationships, for teaching future generations, and because the marriage between a man and a woman is a picture of how Christ loved the church.
8. We love our community and want it to be a healthy, vital place for everyone who lives here. Suffering, pain, and broken relationships have sinful roots which is why we believe so strongly in spreading the life-changing good news of Jesus Christ in our community. We desire to be a diverse community of faith.
9. A Christian is a disciple of Jesus Christ who is called to make disciples of Jesus Christ. Corporately, we also want to be a multiplying church through planting other gospel-centered churches.
The Great Commission:
Now the eleven disciples went to Galilee, to the mountain to which Jesus had directed them. And when they saw him they worshiped him, but some doubted. And Jesus came and said to them, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you. And behold, I am with you always, to the end of the age.” -Matthew 28:16-20